Kingdom Living Iowa currently houses 100 residents (men and women) throughout the City of Des Moines. In 2020, we served 220 total residents. Our main service is providing sober transitional housing for people from all areas. We have been providing services for four years. Most of our residents come from incarceration of some type. The remainder of our residents come from treatment centers and some are homeless when they enroll in our program. We require twelve step recovery and employment while in our program. We focus on providing a stable environment, unifying families, and programming to educate our members.
These are the basic requirements. For a full list of house rules and levels please click here.
- Must be sober
- Must participate in a 12 step recovery program
- Must be actively involved with a sponsor
- Must attend 4 meetings per week
- Must be employed (30 hours per week)
- Must attend weekly house meetings
- $100 per week for double rooms
- $125 per week for single rooms
- $150 non-refundable fee due on move in date
- We DO NOT take individuals on the sex offender registry